Focussing on the root causes of Interstitial Cystitis & Chronic Pelvic Pain and how to treat them, by using an integrative and individualized approach that combines Western & Alternative Medicine
From a diverse medical background I created the HOPE Protocol, by combining a wide variety of advanced techniques – both traditional and alternative. I realized a requirement to help patients discover their root causes and communicate with me beyond my clinic doors, and thus the online iHOPE protocol was created – with over 150 hours of development behind it. iHOPE allows me to provide an in-depth analysis of the root causes of an individual no matter where in the world they are, combining a comprehensive 8-week webinar series with personalized weekly feedback from Dr. Ripoll.
I have been practicing Urology and Urologic Oncology for over 30 years. I moved from my home in Barcelona, Spain to the United State where I attended the University of Colorado’s School of medicine graduating with honors. I completed my residency and post-doctorate fellowship at the Baylor College of Medicine and took my medical acupuncture training at UCLA.
As an Integrative Urologist I use the power of alternative medicine to help return my patients to health. I am deeply experienced in Acupuncture, Osteopathy, Cranial-Sacral Therapy, Functional Medicine, German Biological Medicine and Spirit Medicine. From this diverse medical background I created the HOPE Protocol. By combining a wide variety of advanced techniques, both traditional and alternative, including Platelet Rich Plasma (PRP) and Stem Cell injections, bioidentical hormone replacement therapy, Ozone treatment, Shockwave therapy, and neurotransmitter pathway realignment I am able to fully customize care for each patient and their unique needs.
I am passionate about healing women and men suffering from Chronic Pelvic Pain and Interstitial Cystitis. I am always looking for new, advanced treatments that can change the healing paradigm and return patients to living their fullest lives. I see patients from all over the world due to the unique approach my practice takes to diagnosis and treatment.
I am the co-author of:
- Cystitis: A Time to Heal with Yoga & Accupressure, An Eight Week Exercise Program with Special Information on Interstitial Cystitis & Urethral Syndrome
- Incontinence A Time to Heal with Yoga and Acupressure: A Six Week Exercise Program for People With Simple Stress Urinary Incontinence
- Do You Have Prostate Cancer? A Compact Guide to Diagnosis and Health
- Prostate Cancer: A New Approach to Treatment and Healing.
I have also written numerous articles for a number of medical journals and I am a lecturer and public speaker.
- The role of ozone bladder instillations (BIs) in patients who have failed traditional bladder instillations in the treatment of recalcitrant Interstitial cystitis (IC)/Painful bladder syndrome (PBS).
- The synergistic success of prolozone injections to the iliolumbar ligament and hand acupuncture points in addressing lower back origins of chronic testicular pain.
- The role of acupuncture in the treatment of urologic conditions
- Hatha Yoga therapy management of urologic disorders
I believe that medicine should be practiced on an individualized basis and I am committed to returning my patients back to health and helping them thrive.